suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat
everything as if it were a nail."
Abraham Maslow (The Psychology of Science)
[ See our full list of training partners world-wide ]
and Advising Upwards
book an in-house course email:
2 Day Communication & Stakeholder Management Workshop
workshop earns: PMI PDUs = 14 &
AIPM CPD Points = 5 (Cat.
(PDU information: R.E.P.# 1705, Course ID: 101002)
project will only be considered successful if its key stakeholders
perceive the project’s outcome as a success. These
success or failure are heavily influenced by the effectiveness of the
project’s communications, and relationships, with its
In the last decades, significant changes in people’s understanding of acceptable behaviours have also forced a re-evaluation of the way Project and Program managers need to communicate to influence their stakeholders; particularly when 'advising upwards' and dealing with difficult people.
Built around a case study, this engaging and entertaining workshop will combine the art of communication with the science of Dr. Lynda Bourne’s Stakeholder Circle methodology to help participants learn how to craft an effective communication strategy to support the successful delivery of their projects and programs, with a particular emphasis on the subtle art of 'managing upwards'.
Crafting advice to senior management to achieve effective outcomes from the communication is as much an art as a science. Communicating for effect requires a clear understanding of the objective of the communication and the skills to create messages that are focused:
- On the right people
- At the right time and carry
- The right information in the right format.
This workshop will provide participants with a framework to:
- Identify and prioritise stakeholders using the Stakeholder Circle® methodology
- Understand the stakeholder's ‘stake’ in the project and ‘mutuality’
- Design effective communications, particularly for senior managers
- Understand the importance of business and social networks for conveying messages
- Develop techniques for reaching 'hard to reach' stakeholders
- Develop an understanding of your personality and how this impacts your ability to communicate effectively
- Develop techniques for communicating for effect in difficult circumstances
- Structure and implement an effective communication plan, and finally
- Monitor the effectiveness of their communications.
One Day Workshops:
- Stakeholder Management Techniques (Stakeholder Circle®) - see workshop details
- Communicating for Effect (Advising Upwards) - see workshop details
For more on the Stakeholder Circle® Methodology and Tools visit our SHC Home Page
From the 'Organisational Zoo' by Arthur Shelly,
for more on the 'zoo' visit: