- Useful external web-links
Other related sections of the PMKI:
- For more on project/program selection and prioritisation
see Portfolio Management.
PMOs (Project, Program or Portfolio Management Offices):
Organisational entities responsible for aspects of the support
and monitoring of projects and programs within their area of
Included in this topic
- Developing and Managing a PMO The factors required to create and sustain an effective PMO
- Setting and using performance targets KPIs and staff performance.
- The management of project controls Surveillance systems and health checks.
- Enterprise Tools and systems Software systems managed by PMOs.
For a general discussion on PMOs visit our Blog: http://mosaicprojects.wordpress.com/category/project-controls/pmos-project-controls
PMOs have a high potential to contribute to governence, value creation [see more on governance and value]and the successful delivery of projects and programs, provided they are established and staffed correctly. WP1034 outline the various roles of an effective PMO, WP1080discusses the importance of effective project reviews.
- Blog (Apr 2009): A thought on PMOs and Project Controls
- Paper: Designing a PMO to Succeed and Survive
- Paper: Establishing an Effective Project Office - The Core Requirements for Success