This subject looks at project and program management training and qualifications, their importance in the current job marketplace, and their effectiveness in identifying competent people.
- Useful external web-links
Other related sections of the PMKI:
Studying for your examination - The Art of Learning. Assimilating the information needed to be successful in the examination is not easy. If you have not studied for a while, we have compiled a list of suggestions that may assist you to get back into the study mode. [View the page]
Exam techniques (for PMI credentials and similar multi-choice exams). Exam techniques are important - this page focuses on techniques to use in the exam room!. [View the page]
Dealing with PMI's multi-choice questions.
Success in the exam requires you to be good at answering
questions! But, Simply studying questions and answers
will never provide sufficient knowledge to pass your exam!
- Questions have a key role to play in the learning process [View the page]
- But what you know and what your score is are not the same - see more on understanding your score. [View the page]
- CAPM exam application flow: http://www.mosaicprojects.com.au/Training-CAPM.html#Fees
- PMP exam application flow: http://www.mosaicprojects.com.au/Training-PMP.html#Fees
- Blog (April 2009): The Right Way, the Wrong Way and the PMI Way
One of the challenges faced by many people embarking on an exam prep course is the amount of information that needs to be assimilated. WP1028 - The Art of Learning offers a framework to assist in 'learning to learn'.
The value of questions in courses and study, see: PMP Questions – getting a second opinion? Annotated list of free question resourses.
Our discussion paper, Project Management Certification Options within Australia looks at the range of PM related certifications available in our business area.
The valuation of credentials, and the unique value ascribed to the PMP credential is a complex issue addressed in our discussion paper The Value of your PMP Qualification.
Maintaining Your Credential
- PDUs -v- Training Hours needed to be eligible for an exam: PDUs and the PMI Examination Eligibility Requirements
- Overview of PMI's CCR process and earning PDUs: http://www.mosaicprojects.com.au/Training_PDUs.html
- See: Sources of PDUs.
Sources of PDUs (a limited selection)
- Free scheduling webinars from the PMI College of Scheduling (Typically 1 PDU each): http://www.pmicos.org/ondemandlearning.asp
- PMI Publication Quizzes: purchase a quiz bundle from the Marketplace on PMI.org; score over 70% in the quiz and earn one or two PDUs per bundle: http://www.pmi.org
- PMI web based self study course; 'an easy to follow guide' to the PMBOK® Guide 4th Edition: http://www.pmi.org/CareerDevelopment/Pages/Web-Based-Self-Study.aspx
|Scheduling Training and Certifications|