This subject underpins all of the others. A strong ethical framework is vital for personal success influencing our actions and decisions. Ethics govern the conduct of a person and are founded on the collective view of a profession, organisation, or society.
- Useful external web-links
Other related subjects within the PMKI:
Ethics & Professionalisms
The five dimensions of professionalism are:
- Knowledge of project management practice as defined in the PMBOK® Guide and other standards.
- Qualifications, achieving the appropriate level of qualification for your role.
- Competence to undertake and deliver assignments successfully. The key is knowing your level of competence and then seeking to improve.
- Commitment to continuing professional development for both yourself and the overall profession.
- Accountability for your actions and decisions based on the PMI Code of Ethics and Professional conduct.
- Ethical behaviour is the foundation of effective leadership; WP1001: Ethics and Leadership describes the relationship.
- PMI Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct - Download from: http://www.mosaicprojects.com.au/PDF/PMICodeofEthics.pdf
- PMI's Project Manager Competency Development Framework - Second Edition - See our bookshop